The Network for Business Innovation and Sustainability (NBIS) is the Northwest non-profit dedicated to enabling professionals and businesses in driving profitable sustainability. Founded over eight years ago, NBIS is a cross-sector network organization engaging business and individual members, as well as government and academic partners.
NBIS recognizes the powerful capacity of business to build social, environmental and economic benefit through the way business is conducted. NBIS equips businesses and professionals with the connections, tools and resources vital to succeed in maximizing the triple bottom line.
- Cultivate best practices and innovation to position business members and clients to achieve success in the changing global marketplace and within the context of while engagingt with local economies and ecosystems.
- Collaborate with internal staff and teams to maximize capacity and leadership for successful change management that will enhance profitability for the company and its stakeholders, generate social benefits and reduce environmental impacts.
- Convene talented people and provide supportive environments for peer learning and professional development.
- Link the resources of higher education with business through interdisciplinary action learning and research opportunities.
- Coordinate multidisciplinary educational and consultative resources to support leaders in industry and organizations.